We encourage those wishing to address the CATEC Center Board (during an electronic meeting) on any issue involving CATEC to do so by sending an email to Leslie Chisholm, Center Board Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00AM on the day of the meeting.
- Speakers will be recognized to speak in order of receipt of their email request.
- The Clerk will respond to the email request and send the Zoom link including instructions to the individuals requesting to speak prior to the meeting.
- In the event that a member of the public is unable to speak during public comments and/or wishes to write to the Board instead, they may use the following contact information:
Leslie Chisholm, Center Board Clerk c/o CATEC 1000 East Rio Road Charlottesville, VA 22901 434-973-4461 Ext #69013 Chisholm@k12albemarle.org
Please keep in mind that CATEC follows ACPS policies (BDDH-AP).
- There will be no discussion or debate with the Board.
- The Board does not respond during comments made during the Public Comments period. The Board may address the comments at the end of the meeting under Other Business.
- When multiple comments on same topic have been presented, the Chair may request that additional comments be limited to those who have new information to present.
- In order to maintain respect for all points of view, the Center Board requests no clapping, booing, or any other audible form of support or nonsupport be used. If members of the public wish to show their support to/for the speaker, they may raise their hand.
- In lieu of having a large number of individual speakers, an organized group may have 5 minutes to speak during Public Comments, as long as the request is received 2 business days prior to the scheduled meeting. The Chair will, then, either grant the request or deny the request, and the Clerk will notify the group.
- When an individual and/or organization would like to be formally scheduled on the Center Board agenda, the individual or organization must submit the request in writing to the Center Board Chair or the Director. The Chair or Director will determine if the request should be granted and determine placement on the agenda. The individual or organization will be notified of the decision.