Our motto is My School. My Choice. My Future.
CATEC is looking for a full-time high school Teaching Assistant in the Auto Body Repair program for the 2018-19 school year.
Do you have Auto Body repair experience?
Would you like to help CATEC students learn how to repair cars?
We are looking for someone with experience working with students who will be able to develop and maintain an empathetic attitude toward all students and communicate and develop effective working relationships with students, parents, and staff. The Teacher Assistant will provide responsible administrative, clerical, and human support in assisting the Auto Body repair program teacher in the management and instruction of students and perform related tasks as required and directed. All work is performed under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher or Assistant Principal.
What CATEC is:
The Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC) is a regional technical education center that helps high school students and adults obtain the jobs they seek. Our centralized, unified career development program helps students develop strategic approaches to cultivating their careers.
Click here to read more about CATEC’s mission and vision.
Who we are:
We are a small, close-knit staff of approximately 30 professionals who are committed to preparing our students for the workforce as we have been doing since 1973. We pride ourselves on being committed to our students and we work closely with area businesses partners. As a result, our students are ready to enter the work force when they graduate or they can use their training and certifications to pay for college tuition or pursue further training. Click here to see the list of who you will be working with.
What qualifications we need you to have:
You must be a high school graduate or hold equivalence of a high school diploma. We would prefer that you have experience in Auto Body repair.
What you will be doing:
You will be working 7.25 hours a day (8:30AM-3:45PM) enriching the lives of local high school students who choose CATEC as an elective. Students are here for 2.5 hours in the morning and then a second group comes for the afternoon block. The students will spend part of their time in the classroom and the rest in the “lab” – immersed in the “hands-on experience” that is so vital to their training.
Why you will want to work here with us:
- We pay based on your years of experience and qualifications; this is in accordance with the Albemarle County Schools Classified pay scale. This position is a pay grade 6.
- We offer the same great benefit package that Albemarle County does.
- You will follow a teacher’s schedule which means summers and holidays off. Click here to see the current Albemarle County School Calendar.
- We are committed to the concept of life-long learning and professional development. You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your skills and competencies. We have monthly staff meetings and Professional Learning Community meetings 2-3 times a month; both provide chances to collaborate and support one another.
- No two days are ever the same.
Do you want to join our staff?
Please apply using this link to the Auto Body Repair Teaching Assistant position on the Albemarle County Human Resources’ job openings page.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, you will be contacted for an interview. Feel free to contact Leslie Chisholm 434-973-4461 ext. 69013 or email@example.com if you have any questions.